Monday, April 26, 2010

Silence Is Not Necessarily Golden ... Or Is It?

Hmm ... so it's now been nearly three and a half weeks since I've posted anything.  Well, there is a reason, and I'm happy to talk about it!  Even if it has nothing to do with politics or current events.

I became a member of the American Federation of Television and Radio Artists (AFTRA) late last year and, over two weekends this month, completed my first project as a member of the union.  I play the lead in "The Most of Things," an independently-produced short subject that, hopefully, will make it into several film festivals later on this year.  The character I play is a man named Jake, who (after mourning the death of his only friend and failing at suicide) gets an unexpected opportunity to turn his life around.  The shoot, in upstate New York, was a phenomenal experience; I got to work with uniformly terrific people both behind and in front of the camera.  And I got paid (or will get paid) for doing it, too, which feels really good after having pumped untold hours of energy into avocational acting (much of which, I hasten to add, was well worth it).

I have, however, been keeping track of things, and hope that I can pack a month's worth of posts into the next four days.  For better and for worse, there's certainly lots to talk about!

No comments: