Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Maybe Democrats Can Win Converts, After All

As I've stated previously, I'm frustrated by the inability of most conservatives to see that progressive ideas work, and benefit them.  Election after election in red states, voters reflexively vote over and over again for the party that's systematically shafting them.

But, perhaps, there's some small room for hope.

I don't know how representative the experience of the author of this article is.  It may be a small island of hope in a sea of despair.

But I would like to think it represents something better.

I would like to think that it means people are learning to think for themselves again, instead of getting all of their thinking from Fox News, talk radio, and Breitbart.

I would like to think that it means people are beginning to understand that it's easier to face the truth, even if it means admitting you were wrong, than it is to go on pretending that you're wrong.

And, most of all, I would like to think that it means that, in 2018 and later, that there will be an avalanche of "snowflakes," and an end to alternative facts.

I hope and pray that I'm right.

No comments: