Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Not So Fast, Chris Christie!

Take a look at these numbers.  An 18 to 28 point spread, depending on one of six polls?  No doubt Christie is going to win; apparently, the same hurricane that helped re-elect Obama is going to do the same for Christie.  In one sense, it's a small price to pay; New Jersey's loss is the nation's gain.  But he's underperformed overall as a public official and overperformed as a bully, so I just don't see the attraction.  Buono's hardly that bad.  And, given the range of the various leads, I don't think the pollsters have a real handle on this one.  My hunch:  Buono, at the very least, overperforms at the polls todayand cuts Christie's final margin of victory down to under 15 points, with Christie's prospective presidential stock immediately taking a nose dive.

Hold me to this.  If I'm wrong, I'll buy lunch for the first five people who call me on it.

And, otherwise, my fingers are crossed that the polls are right about McAuliffe and de Blasio.

And I'll explain my lack of recent posting in my next post.

No comments: