Sunday, January 20, 2013

An Open Letter To Pat Roberson

Dear Jerk:

I was a born-again Christian for about 12 years.  For much of that time, I was forced to explain, and even defend, your money machine that masquerades as a ministry.  How glad I am that I no longer need to do that.  If anything, your naked hypocrisy and personal viciousness toward anyone who disagrees with you made it easier to realize that following God meant no longer following the likes of you.

But, if you're really willing to descend to this level of viciousness when it comes to women, you should do everyone a favor and stop pretending to have anything to do with the Bible.  And stop now, before God decides to spew you out of His, Her, Their, or Its mouth(s).

Believe me, some of us might be willing to do a lot worse.

In the name of God,
Stephen Rourke

No comments: