Saturday, September 22, 2012

And NONE Dare Call It Treason

In fact, it's not being called anything at all, because, so far as I can tell, it's not being discussed anywhere.  Except here.

The holders of this wealth are worse than contemptible.  There's enough money here to pay off the national debt, which was run up largely to fight wars they supported, and then to bail them out when they were "too big to fail."  TOO BIG TO FAIL IS RIGHT!  They should have been allowed to fail, and then forced to pay the public costs of their failures with their own damn money!

I can only sum up my feelings with an out-of-context quote from Thomas Jefferson:

I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just; that his justice cannot sleep forever.

I truly pray that it doesn't sleep much longer. 

No comments: