Saturday, September 17, 2011

The Question Is, Will He Fight For It?

President Obama is guilty of having a lot of good ideas, and certainly far better ones than those coming out of the idiot side of the ideological divide.  Anyone who reads me regularly knows that I think this is one of them.

But my problem with him, and a problem more and more Americans are having with him, is the fact that there's no fight in him (to borrow a phrase from my mother).  Politics has always been the art of combat as well as compromise, and the latter isn't worth a thing unless it's preceded by the former.  Then, it's a true compromise; otherwise, it's just saying "uncle" to the bullies, and begging them to bully you some more.

I've seen Obama's learning curve kick in at the last minute before.  I hope I'm seeing it again.

No comments: