Thursday, October 7, 2010

And I Don't Mind Admitting ...

... that I predicted this would happen.  After all, it happened to Truman and Kennedy.  Hasn't quite happened to FDR and Johnson, however.  When you beat them in a landslide, or in four elections, I guess they never forgive you.  I have a hunch, however, that it will happen to Obama, who is only a radical in the context of Republican rhetoric (in which Jesus and the Framers would also be viewed as dangerously subversive).

The fact that this ... well, dare we call it a flip-flop?  (Holy John Kerry, Batman!) ... happened this quickly, I think, validates the view that, in a completely wired society, change happens even faster than ever.  Which is why, if Republicans do win big in November, they shouldn't plan on getting comfortable.  The real majority won't let that happen.

No comments: