Thursday, January 22, 2015

Nice Try, David

David Brooks seems unusually encouraging here with regard to Elizabeth Warren's presidential prospects.  I suspect that Brooks wants Warren to be the Democratic nominee in 2016, because she'll be easier to target for defeat than Hillary, as the "leftier" of the two.

I tend to doubt that Warren really wants to be President and, for my part, I'd rather keep her in the Senate rather than see her political career come to a term-limited conclusion.  I think that she has the potential to follow in the footsteps of her predecessor, Edward Kennedy, and be the Senate's liberal lion for a long time.  (No, in using the word "predecessor," I did not forget the eminently forgettable Scott Brown.  It's just that I remembered he was forgettable, and forgot him.)

In the meantime, David, be careful what you wish for.

No comments: