Sunday, October 6, 2013

And, Finally, A Fond Farewell

When it comes to my interest in politics, I owe a great deal to Newsweek magazine; as much as having a father who was a political science professor, it spurred my interest in government and culture, as well as the forces that shape both.  Each new issue came to our house for as long as I can remember and, yes, even as I child, I read them from cover to cover.

The death of hardcopy print, inevitable in the Internet age, has claimed a good many worthy publications, and, from this farewell piece by Eleanor Clift, it appears that Newsweek will be no exception.  I will miss, and all of us will miss, Newsweek's combination of reporting, analysis and opinion, which launched such diverse journalistic perspectives as those of George Will and Ms. Clift.

Thanks, Newsweek, not just for the memories, but for your lasting impact on our public and private culture.

No comments: