Wednesday, October 6, 2010

A Special Thanks To The Ehrlich Campaign ...

... or, at the very least, to the idiot member of it who tried to post one of their stickers over my Obama bumper sticker.  Nice of you to admit that neither your candidate, nor his party or the philosophy it represents, can win on a level playing field.  Of course it can't:  it's based on lies and advanced by thugs--with the former GOP governor being the thug-in-chief.

I do not speak from a well of either ignorance or inexperience here.  I was a State of Maryland employee during most of the Ehrlich Administration, for the Department of Human Resources.  I watched as his political appointees froze new or expanded contracts for foster children (yes, including for kids on respirators) to balance the budget, then watched as the re-election campaign drew near and they suddenly rushed through "emergency" contracts to pay for the same children they had spent years neglecting (and blaming the plight of these children on Martin O'Malley, since many of them were in Baltimore City).  That's the Republican way for you--push you out of a seventh-story window, run down and catch you just in time, and then demand credit for your heroism.

All I can say is that I hope this holds up.  As for you fans of Bob, I have this advice:  Stop putting bumper stickers on the back of my Prius, and buy one instead.  You'll be doing more of a public service that you are by supporting a man who has never stood for anything larger than himself.

No comments: